Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sleep, sprinkle your sand over my eyes

I have come across one of the most dreaded feelings man has ever had to face, being wide awake at 11:00p.m. and knowing that it's not going o change for a while. How sad. In other news i've finished my latest Haruki Murakami book "South of the Border, West of the Sun" and i bought a new nook today by John Steinback called "Travels with Charley in Search of America". It is a delightful book but tonight i've found myself anxious, for what - i have no idea. That's actually why i;m not reading now. Should i go walk the dog? Go out for a bike ride? Listen to music and simmer in my decision? Go out to Lestat's for coffee? Call someone? Who would be up at this time of night? These are the questions i ask myself as Jane liu's Surrija plays softly in the background. Coffee, Movie, Dog, Bike, Company. I don't feel my writing veins particularly, nor am i attentive enough to read a book. What to do, what to do.

2 comments:

stormko said...

What's cool about time is that there are no rules concerning when you should do what. Coffee at midnight, writing at 3am, breakfast food for dinner.

Just think, if you were not in a solar system, day & night would not exist. And even when you are, day & night don't necessarily occupy 12 hours at a time.

What ARE the rules or time anyway? Which library can I check that book out from? Probably in some galaxy that frowns on my zip code.

crizul said...

when i end up feeling that way...
i start to cry.
hahahaha!

glad you are thinking about it in a positive way :)