Sunday, November 4, 2007

I almost cried today. (Nov 4, 2007)

I walked in, expecting to leave a message
having thought it over, and over again.
finally, i know what i got to say.
so i stepped inside, and to my biggest surprised
there you stood.
as i crept towards you, i couldn't help but wonder:
did you know who i was?
Maybe you thought i was a ghost of your future;
haunting you,
never being able to leave such a spirit.
Possibly. I saw you
through the mirror, and you began to smile
such a smile with true enthusiasm,
having no wonder what brought you this smile i walk forward
and say
"hey stranger; how you doin', how you been?"
We had a long talk, it was nice.
I had to go, after a few,
so i said farewell
and gave you one last embrace and said:
"I Missed you dad, i really did."
and as i walked away,
i could of sworn
you almost cried today too.

2 comments:

Kari Nicole said...

You finally talked to him? :) Sweet, sweet A-Cal. This made me happy. & On a random note... The word verification for me to post this comment is fogly. Hahah. It sounds funny.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this one...Good job!