Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

it's that time of year my friends: Thanksgiving.
I would like to start off by saying i hope everyone has a happy time with their families and friends. This is going to be one of my rambling blog's that i have come to become so fond of. So far, today, I've had breakfast with my dad - and an amazing breakfast it was. Not so much the food but the fact that i got to hang out with my pop, have a real conversation with him, go to see his wrinkles, and his blue eyes, his dyed hair, his new scarf, and jacket. Everytime i hang out with my dad it's simply awesome. Talking about my aspirations and his memories, my school and his business. I love my dad so much and thats one thing i am very thankful for. Also, i'm thankful for my mom, she is the most annoying angel i've ever known - the way that her voices raises everytime she is talking, she never seems to leave the classroom or the auditorium. Also they way she has to think out loud, her every move thought out carefully - risks arent risks to her, their small calculations of a ratio in her favor. an angel, she is. I'm also thankful for louis armstrongs horn and voice, not to mention ella fitzgeralds and etta james. Let's not forget the Vaughn, or dizzy gillepsie. Or how about duke, or , whats his name, miles davis. Ray Charles is so good. I'm very thankful for lucy liu, god damn she beautiful, or how about . . . . definantly. I'm thankful for my family, and good music. For education, wisdom, travel, health, misfortunes, fortunes, chinese people, japanese people, black's, latinos, polish for julz, ann and joseph, victoria and anthony, elliot!, andre and austin, andrew, daryll, ryan, mariell, shanette, chris, brandon, kathleen, john g, martin, keana, mane one and his turntables, storm and his philosophies, ronald mules, professor Tolli, joanne carerra, consuelo, criselle, angel, ela marie, professor bolland, joey gold and his freshness, optic and his finesse, godoyski and his whole-heartedness, shakyamuni buddha and his teachings, cell phones, myspace and facebook, my evil twin alex, beans, rice, stir-fry, movies, books, the printing press, high and low notes, blogger, the super bbeat show, saratoga sake and his beautiful wife and their charming child, grandma and grandpa, james brown, my tio's and tia's, my grandpa i didint know, my ancestors, life.

Thank one and thank all, smile and spread a hug, a handshake, even a kiss. use this day to say thanks to everyone and to a few no ones, or maybe even all the no ones in your life, and maybe even say hi to that special someone. Let go of indiffrences because indiffrences cannot live without smilarities, and forgive those you hate and hold a grudge against - "because holding a grudge is like holding onto a hot cole, you're the one who gets hurt". Today, and tomorrow, let us practice compassion, happiness, satisfaction, and love.

1 comment:

Saratoga Sake said...

Thanks man!

you looked really fresh on the floor at the school jam!


yo! cypher city keep up the great work!