Monday, April 27, 2009

Humanity is a Hell of a Drug.

My good friend Alex and I were having a interesting conversation about humanity not too long ago. We were talking whether there was any hope for humanity or not and we both agreed that there wasn't much. He says if he didn't have his religion he would have no Faith what so ever in man and i say if i didn't have this tattoo on my arm i'd feel about the same way. Everyday You here about a war or a "Over Seas Contingensy Operation" or some type of cultural rape or people lying to a massive amount of people. Money, Corruption, Power, Greed. It's quite sad, i'm not exactly sure who has total and complete faith in human kind. I place my faith in the fact that the only things that are truly mine are my thoughts and my actions, and thus it is up to me to live the life i want to live and it is nobodies fault or reason but mine that i get what i get and i have what i have. I place my faith in the hope that if i am kind to one person that one person will be kind to another and so on, so i try to be kind in all the things i do. I have hope that if i lead my life as an example of compassion and kindness for all to see that people can look up to me with a new sense of desire to change for the better so that way i can truly say that i have done everything that i can to help others. I'm not exactly why i wrote this, but i did. On another note, i'm craving a danish.

3 comments:

stormko said...

Curious:

What is it, do you think, about your friend's religion that gives him hope? What answers is it providing him that can't be accessible without it?

What is it about your tattoo that does the same? (I don't know what the tattoo is)

Kent said...

Well, I don't like speaking on behalf of anyone because i never get it right but he is Christian and he believes that if he is a true christian that in the after life he will go to heaven because he accepts jesus as his savior and I'm sure you know the rest.

My Tattoo says "The only things that are truly mine are my thoughts and my actions".

stormko said...

Yeah, I was just curious so that I could put your post into a better context. If that makes sense.