Monday, July 6, 2009

Early/Mid-90's car. Sunny. Warm. Driving. Nothing to look at outside.

1. yeah, but if life were simple then you'd probably be able to openly admit that you love me and deep down inside you know you won't need any one else. But you could say that that's the whole appeal to life, you get to figure shit out for yourself - you know?

2. You love me?

1. Well, Yeah. . . I knew the whole time. I saw you walking across from me once and life clicked from that point on, even the fucked up parts. Now that I say it out loud, I kinda feel like Lao Tzu.

2. Wno?

1. Lao Tzu. The guy behind Taoism. There's this old story about Lao Tzu, the founder guy, his wife dies, right? Well around his time in china it's purely a confucian society - so it's nothing but rules and regulation and rituals and what's "proper". Anyway, his wife's dead and the Confucian way of paying respects is to wait three days and then dress in all black and trek your posses' asses to visit the poor guy. So Lao Tzu lives on top of a hill or mountain - like every other ancient chinese guy right? haha. Like I was saying, so the a bunch of high up confucian guys get together and make the hike up to Lao Tzu's house. When they get there they're amazed to see Lao Tzu butt naked, dancing and singing around a fire - like some crazy guy. The confucian guys ask what the fuck is up with him, he looks like an insensitive son of a bitch right? Lao Tzu replies by saying "You should have visited me when my wife died in my arms as i tried to nurse her back to health. When I was too sad to move or eat or drink anything. When I was covered in salty tears and the solid earth beneath me turned into mud, where I slept and mourned for three days. Now, after these sad days have realized that this is the way of the Tao and I should be happy that she has moved on, forever flowing with the Tao." I guess what I'm leading to is the feeling of the fucked up, there truly is none. It all feels right. It feels like it's all supposed to happen. Thats why before we find love we have things that piss us off but post-love that shit doesn't matter, it all feels like puzzle pieces dropping into their place, perfectly - without effort. Love is like the Tao in its greatness and ineffability, but most of all in it's feeling.

2. And what does that feel like?

1. You know.

No comments: