Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Wrote a song tonight, heres a draft:

I woke up this morning with a shuken head
my eyes were still heavy with the dream of my death.
I was laying there, in the finest suit i'd ever worn
people around me shedding tears of depression
deep down inside I could feel my restless soul
rise up above me and see the saddened people
and just like once upon a time you stood out among the crowd.
We grew older and far a part from one another
but through your salty tears I could see your aching heart
Oh, where your wrinkles came from, i will never know
and where your brown hair once swayed, now lays the grey

But to me-ee you look quite the same
to the dead man here you'll always be his fondest memory,

And to me-ee you look just the same
from the last time we parted and I would go insane

There no worse thing out there than a finding love
and to never know the pleasure of our intertwining hands
locking and feeling our hearts beat together
or your soft skin sooth away all my woes

and to me-ee you look quite the same,
though i've change, I can assure you darling you never fled my mind.

And to me-ee you look just the same,
your mournin' black dress makes my depression disappear.

Holding you close would of melted away my body
leaving my love exposed to everyone
hoping you take my love and always hold it close
maybe that's what i should have done from the get go.

But here I lie dead, with a restless soul
hoping your love will join me soon.

No comments: