Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sunday. July 12, 2009

A Date In Space

Let's make a date to go to the moon;
we can have dinner with moon mice
and tea with space men thought lost.

We'll use the stars as stepping stones
as our dancing feet move
from one planet to another.

When we get to saturn
I'll take one of it's rings
and put it around your finger.

By the time we reach Neptune
we'll yawn together and
go back on top of the moon.

Looking out at our world we'll lay as I say
"it's a full earth out tonight"
"So it is" you'll smile and whisper.

We will sleep and dream of more exciting things
but nothing can be more extraordinary than you,
not even in dreams.

2 comments:

crizul said...

cute! :)

did you write this yourself or did you take this from somewhere?

Kent said...

lolol
I wrote this myself. 100% original.
I was inspired by this Incubus song, it starts out "meet me in outer space . . . " I forget the rest and the title but after i heard that I wrote this.