Sunday, August 23, 2009

This is quite sad, but I haven't been writing at all lately nor have I been dancing. I have been hanging out with a couple of friends, family members, working and this last week has marked my first week back at Southwestern College. I've also been busy trying to contact people from Ameri Corps. and Peace Corp. seeing if I can join either but Ameri Corps. aren't being very helpful and, apparently, you must have a degree now to join the Peace Corp. It's a real catch 22 with the Peace corp because to join the peace corp you need some sort of degree but by the time I get out of college I need to look for a job and start paying off my student loans so really I wouldn't have time to join. Bummer. In other news I got myself four dollar boots at the thrift store.
I've come to notice that I'm becoming more and more minimalist as the days go by. I've ben giving a lo of shoes and clothes away and I have money from my birthday that, usually, I would feel the need to spend but I've actually feel like giving more and more away. This has been a trend for me since i've been riding my bike more - either to the school or to visit my dad down on third or any other chula vista related unchecked box. Which brings me to the fact that I've been taking my clarinet playing a little more seriously. I still mostly improvise but sometimes I think I compose some real nice stuff with potential but then I realize that I forgot how to write and read notes, so i've been trying to change that. My Harmonica on the other hand, I don't feel the need to take that thing seriously yet - I'm having plenty fun making nonsense. That's what's been up with me. Oh yeah and last thing: I've been wanting to go camping and all the cool camping activities like hiking and swimming in a river and stuff like that. I'm really thinking of going in a month or two, is anyone else interested in stuff like that?

2 comments:

stormko said...

I wonder what having a degree has to with being a volunteer at the Peace Corps.

ayepea said...

hmmmm I never see you at school! only once at a random run in at pokez. hahaha, love you :)