Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy Monday

It's been almost 10 minutes now that I've been trying to figure out why the heck I haven't written in my blog in such a long while. True that I haven't had much time but just as well, i Haven't made time. Maybe it's because I don't have much to write about. Perhaps it's the fact that a blog is anything you want it to be and, furthermore, I don't really need anything. Now that I write it out I think it's because I've been meditating more. I usually explore minimal ideas and emotions via blogger but since I've been meditating more it's probably because the necessity or relativity of blogger, for me, has been lost. Very interesting.
Why have I been meditating so much?
I've been meditating more because I want to perfect myself. That's what a buddhist does. You, first, must help and perfect yourself, before you can help others. Perfecting myself, to me, means that I have control of all my emotions and that I always have a clear and thoughtful mind. I've analyzed myself and realized that, for the most part, I am nice and thoughtful but sometimes I can lose my thoughts and give in easily to anger sometimes even greed. It seems like a lot to the reader, maybe, but truly I'm literally talking about little instances. For example ( Anger) I'd get mad at someone who cut me off four lanes over and I'd have negative thoughts and speech. Another example (greed) I'd eat two doughnuts rather than one because I want to eat both of them rather than sharing one with Richard (My moms boyfriend and our living companion). You may be wondering that it's not much, everyone gets mad at these things or everyone may do these things from time to time but I'd like to make them far and few between and learn how to recover from instances like those. I tend to be too hard on myself, almost all the time. Most of all I just want to become a more compassionate, considerate, kind person. Not just because I think it'll make me a better person but I think it'll make me a better human being.
Happy Monday everyone,
here's to more blog entries!

1 comment:

stormko said...

Yeah, but you share coffee.