Thursday, November 22, 2007

Coffee's Wisdom (Nov. 22, 2007)

I got very little tips today, but i am delighted.

There is something worth, or potentially, more than Knowledge.
It falls right in between Knowledge and money;
Money being worth the least and knowledge being the most:
Conversation.
With a 70 cent tip i got some very nice conversation.
She ordered an Americano and a small coffee.
I had my book out, and she asked me about my college career and
where i wanted to go in life. We spoke briefly, and i couldn't exactly tell, but i think she was either English or Irish; judging from her accent. She has a daughter who is a math teacher, and she too believes that philosophy is a great thing but is too often overlooked; especially by "Americans."
Since today was such a slow day, and the lady mentioned before was one of my first customers, i decided to for go on an experiment. I would try and talk to all of my customers, you know try and spark their interest and start a conversation. Not those fake "polite" conversations, but real ones. I did so, and found myself in a delighted mood. I learned about some peoples days, and even lives. It really sparked my interest, curiosity, and my inspiration.
Most surprisingly -- it carried on throughout the whole day. until this very second i am still in a, quite frankly, delighted mood. I feel like dancing, and laughing, and being happy. it is a curious mood, or state of mind, that i am in and hope to further my exploration of this sensation, and not to mention my linguistic skills.

No comments: