Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Open Window Night

I didn't realize why i always kept my window open during the night, until this morning.
I love my room.
My room can be compared to no other.
Not even the color can be compared.
Not even the darkness,
the darkness in my room has a comfort to it
It's more of a "lack of light" than "darkness" -- Really.
And when it's cold,
i worm myself into under my blankets and it seems that the cold almost forces the blankets on me, almost like gravity; If gravity wanted me to be warm.
The i am slowly lulled to sleep by the sound of my fan.

When i wake, i wake to the cold air.
I take a deep breath and i begin to feel cold
and as i open my eyes i see my window.
Through it there is a pine tree, and a hill, and another condo, and the sun shining (cliche i know)
But the experience alone of breathign the cold air and feeling it run through my body and touch my bones to their very core, while slowly opening my eyes to such beauty of pine, hills, and sun -- oh and concrete as well. Thats beautiful too, you know.
That feeling almost makes me want to write a poem about absolutly anything,
as long as i can write about the cold morning air, and "dew", and "sap" and what not.
Not much of a poet.
So I'm thinking of becoming a Buddhist, but i don't think i would like to tie myself down to one religion.

2 comments:

Jenny June2 said...

i love how gravity brings the blanket upon you and you get under it to keep warm... then you mention a fan. hahaha

i think you are a poet. i think what i just read is some form of poetry, you just didn't realize it.

...yeah, religion seperates people. i have one, but there's so many aspects of it i can't even begin to question.

Meryl said...

i love your feedback. i love how i'm finding that more and more people i know have blogs. and blogs that contain insightful, mind stimulating entries. not just a listed summary of their current lives [xanga days].

i found it interesting that you mentioned buddhism. it's been in and out my my mind lately. someone i know is thinking about studying deeper into it and might eventually end up converting. there's aspects of my religion that i don't quite understand as well and i think if somehow i were given some sort of blank slate, or started with one i'd choose buddhism. but for me, personally, i hold my religion near and dear to my heart for purposes beyond..well religious ones. i also look at is as part of my background. faith seems to play a solid part in my family and where they came from and my family seems to be a really strong unit in my personal life. so faith>family>me. but as with most things. i open up my mind to everything that floats over our heads above us. i just can't turn it off. :)