Thursday, December 13, 2007

Dew (Like grass dew)

Punkrocker - Teddybears ft. Iggy Pop


My philosophy final was easy, i studied a good part of the day away with Jenny and her dorm-mates; Maggie, Vida, Josh, and Stephen (Big ups). The test wasen't what inspired me though, it was my teachers reaction.
After you turn in your paper to Ronald Mules you expect it back the next class meeting, you see, and he did not disappointed his students yet. I walked in late into class, approximately 3 minutes late, and he just finished giving out the last paper. As i waled to my seat he looked at me and said "oh..." then he reached for a pin out of the pile of papers to give it to me and he smiled. Maybe it seemed different this time around because i actually looked at him, in his eyes, when he gave i to me or maybe he actually was genuinely happy that he read it.
I like the second day dream better.
My paper said that Socrates was the philosopher that moved me the most, but i also told him that it was he, Ronald Mules, that has inspired me to pursue a double major of Single-Subject Social Science and Philosophy.
Maybe i impacted him, maybe i moved him so that he had to give me, not only a smile - no, but a look into my eyes that said
Finally.

When i walked out of the class i grabbed my phone and walked my usual route to my car, but the school was peculiarly empty; Finals.
As i walked i could literally...(and yes this is what i was thinking...) :
As i walked i could feel the cold shadow slow me as i walked on the giant concrete tiles then, suddenly, i felt such a warmth that i had to stop. In the middle of the concrete. In the middle of every non existent person there. In the middle of the suns rays, and i looked down to my phone and who's name could i see but Jenny Junes. I closed my phone and took a few deep breaths and said nothing, only embellished the sun as it warmed me from my, once cold, neck and arms, and face. I smiled as it caressed my face, reminding me of the day before. i took one last breath and told the sun thank you, he did nothing but be. I said so kindly, excuse me, and walked with my back facing the sun. When i got to the library i had the urge to call her, and we both hate phoen calls, but i felt a sudden twitch in my finger. One that opened my phone, and the other to press the little green button on it. It was, it is, a beautiful day.

Christmas shopping is almost done.
I'm craving cookies.
I'm making tea; Jasmine.
I'm wondering how Vida did on her test, hopefully she actually got to study.
I can't wait to get my new car;
hopefully by the end of this weekend.
There was something else i wanted to write about but i forgot,
damn.

p.s.
i think i started to break my writers block in the second half of this blog. yay.

2 comments:

Jenny June2 said...

dew like mountain dew or dew like grass dew? i like the smell of grass dew.

Anonymous said...

Gotta say, my days dreams about professor mules were much more graphic. I just googled his name and your blog popped up.