Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I find myself in front of my computer with an empty white plat right before me and an appetite for sour candy. I also find myself unsatisfied with my last philosophy 101 essay. I thought it would be more than this, this is so simple and to the point. My professor, he likes things that are shorter and to the point and i find that this is exactly it; short and to the point. Open ended questions are so hard to me, i am not easily pleased with myself so i am critical to myself. Quite destructive really.
I also find myself awake, thought it is 1:49 a.m. and a few months ago i would be easily found snoozing under my covers. This is so because i have gotten so used to not sleeping untill3 or 4 in the morning, thanks Jenny; i love you.
it's all worth it though, i love her and i love talking to her.
Duke Ellington and John Coltrane are having a conversation in the background, as i type, they are speaking of inspiring things. Every time i stop to listen they speak of something different, never the same thing twice. I suppose they are in a sentimental mood.
I have a lot of things to write about, but my fingers are telling me no.
They've slid a tall brick wall to my head, and have molded it to surround my brain, and have reinforced the left side with some type of metal i suppose.
They think i should wait, so I'll respect their decision -- what other choice do i have?
I guess this is just me saying to you, i have writers block.
Thanks a lot fingers, thanks a whole lot.

4 comments:

Jenny June2 said...

I just thought of this...
When people talk about missing out on life or there's something missing in there life or there was something missing in their life... of course they are missing something or did miss something; they slept through this so-called something. Who needs sleep?

Jenny June2 said...

p.s. spell check:

"...mising in their* life"

Elma Joy said...

being critical can be productive as well

my job is to be critical in analyzing Alzheimer's disease data &patient studies.

the best remedy for writers block is to write
&you have done this.

so kudos &good luck! :]

Elma Joy said...

ps. another spell check plat --> *plate? :]