Sunday, May 17, 2009

What the Fuck happened?

I am a young man of a curious nature. I often find myself questions out of an ordinary blue or grey day. Just now i asked myself a question and compelled to write about it.
I was thinking about friends, like i often do, and i ask myself
"What the fuck happened?"
I've always felt like the odd man out with every group of my friends except one: Sophomore-Junior Year Daryll, Ryan, Josiah crew. No matter what we did we would do it together, no one would ever be left out. Phone calls would be made and aim messages would be exchanged. Heaven and hell them selfs bowed before us. Then we separated.
There are many people that par-take in the exchange of name calling with me, one of these names would be friends. The people who i do consider my friends i tend to feel to most left out of. Julius is off to Irvine, Elliot in Fullerton going on Chicago. Joseph and Anthony live close, but i never see them or talk to them. Daryll always says he'll call me back but doesn't. Ryan, who knows. Josiah, we've lost touch. Andrew, c'mon we all know the answer to than one. What ever happened to hanging out? Of coarse i'm not oblivious to the fact that there is work to be done, school to be attended and properly studied for, and future wives to be wooed. But what ever happened to hanging out? Or, do they hang out? I do find often that my name doesn't usually make it to the call list for one reason or another. But i wonder if i am so different that this is the reason for it all? Is my humor so foreign? is my style so strange? Is my taste in music and movies so wild? is it the way i speak? or the things i speak of?
What ever happened to wanting to hang out and doing something about it?

I can't help but to ask questions when it comes to friends. The inner philosopher comes out with these pending thoughts and only makes an analytical game of the whole thing. I wonder.

1 comment:

crizul said...

i'm your friend :)
we can hang out...
but then you never call me :P


but, in all seriousness, i understand how you feel.
loneliness sucks. =/